Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Bathroom Incident

So I haven't been really update on the blog for at least the last week or so, partially because of a lull treatment but I have also been out of commission for a few days. Last leek I had a little accident, that I have almost done a million times in my life but last week I actually accomplished it. I am sure I am not the only one to ever do this but have you ever been putting jeans on and just about tripped over your own feet? Like I said, I have almost done it a million times but last wednesday I actually did it.

I don't know if it was just being lazy, in a hurry or being weak from low blood levels but as I was getting ready to go to the hospital to get type and crossed for my transfusion the next day I bit it big time. It also just happened to happen in the worst place possible, in the bathroom. So what happened is as I was putting my jeans on I just simply tripped over my own feet when a foot got stuck in the jeans. Well being where I was in the bathroom, I did not have anything to catch myself and brace my fall. I ended up falling head and shoulder first into the bathtub. It was definitely the hardest I have ever hit my head and was just inches from the corner of the tub, which probably done even more damage. Lets just say it scared the living crap out of me and I thought I had done some serious damage. But, being the hard headed idiot that I am, I just went on my way to the hospital and didn't tell anyone until later, I think I was just in shock from it all.

Well, that night it started to hit me what I had potentially done. I had a massive headache the rest of the night even after multiple pain relievers and ice packs. Then I woke up in the middle of the night, throwing up multiple times. Basically all the symptoms of a pretty good concussion. The next day I began to slur my words. Its like I knew in my head exactly what I wanted to say but it just wouldn't come out like I intended. I think that was the most frustrating of it all was not being able to articulate what I wanted to say, it was the weirdest feeling.

So now that all the cobwebs have cleared and the after effects of the concussion have worn off, I feel pretty dumb looking back. I am really shocked that I did not do some real damage, I guess I have a harder head and shoulder than I thought I had. I am still pretty sore in the neck area kind of like a whiplash but it could have been worse. I guess that will teach me to put my pants standing up.

So yeah, that was my story for the week. I am glad to report for now that I am feeling better and back on the mend and am now concentrating on recovering from the adria treatment I had this afternoon. So far so good, I am just hoping that I don't get the extreme heartburn that have been getting the last couple of weeks.

All for now. Moral of the story I guess is don't take something for granted just because you have done it thousands of times before, you may not be able to do it the next time around (well that is if you are a clutz like me :) ).

4 comments:

  1. Dude! You gotta be like everyone else and put your pants on one leg at a time. Not both of them at once while you're doing your morning bathroom flips! Be careful Bro Montana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is so boring though when you are trying to be like everyone else. Someone once told me about the one leg at a time thing, it just didn't sound very challenging.

    Seriously, its hard to explain how freakin scared I was when it happened, especially since nobody was home. I was positive that hospitalization was going to happen.

    Ooh I got the solution, why even wear pants? Its not like I leave the house anyway and when I do, its just to hang out with you guys so who needs pants anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude! You don't even need pants to er...um... "hang out" with us! Ha ha! But whatever makes you feel more comfortable! Glad you're alright man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch! I'm glad you weren't seriously hurt. You know, there is a seat in the bathroom you could use...makes it real easy to put on your pants, both feet at the same time even. And yes, we've all done this...try putting on a pair of panty hose standing up.

    ReplyDelete