Anyway, I am keeping my fingers crossed that this round goes as well as the last one. The theory right now is to get the chemo treatment once every other week as long as my body can handle it. Who knows, if I keep handling it this well we might be able to up the dosage to a round every week. This is not something I necessarily look forward to, but my body is in some serious need of change. Prior to the start of this treatment, everything was feeling run down and I just had a gut feeling that the cancer was starting to eat me alive so to speak so being on treatment is somewhat of a relief mentally. I feel better knowing we are fighting this disease instead of sitting back and letting it fight me.
The main reason for this post though is just to let you all out there know I very much appreciate your positive thoughts and prayers that are constantly sent my way. I not only need them but I truly feel it helps, whether just helping give me piece of mind or whatever. So keep the positive vibes coming my way.
Oh and just as a sort of fyi, my radiation doc thinks that the adria treatment in combination with the round of hyperthermia we just finished up will work together to help cure my neck ulcer. Usually the chemo would contribute to the break down of the wound because of its tendency to attack healthy cells, but for some reason that I don't know, chemo in combination with hyperthermia is a good thing. So that is something that I can keep in mind to tell myself while sitting there watching poison being inserted into my body.
No comments:
Post a Comment