Saturday, June 19, 2010

You Tell Me Where the Foul Is?



Was it where Michael Bradley or Jozy Altidore or Clint Dempsey were being put in headlocks and being simultaneously wrestled to the ground? Or was it where Maurice Edu had his greatest career moment stolen from him? This is so ridiculous, I usually have stupid conspiracy theories about the team I am rooting for always getting screwed in one way or another but this is making me think I am not so crazy.

Then this morning the Ghana "Black Stars" get 65 minutes worth of 11 on 10 soccer after the Australian player got a red card for a hand ball in the box and they can't get a single goal to get the win instead of a tie.

I have loved watching almost all of the World Cup games so far but this can be a seriously frustrating sport, especially for the American minded sports fan who just does not understand how you can run for 90 straight minutes and end up in a tie.

1 comment:

  1. I must say though, this week in sports hasn't been all bad as my beloved Lakers won yet another Championship and did so in a comeback fashion, not to mention they knocked off the evil city of Boston. Only thing that was somewhat of a bummer was Nate Rob didn't get a ring. Love him or hate him, is there any doubt now that Kobe should be considered one of if not the greatest players of all time? Loved his quote after the game: "Just got one more than Shaq!"

    ReplyDelete