Written by Garrett, just too lazy to sign out of MaryEllen's account.
I know I am a year or two late on this movie coming out but we just watched it the other day while in Cali and I must say that I recommend this movie. I didn't think I was going to and thought it would kind of just patronize those with cancer but it actually did a good job showing not only what the disease does to the individual but also to the family and friends of those affected.
For those that aren't familiar "My Sister's Keeper" is a movie about a family with a teenage daughter that has had leukemia since she was a child. The parents at one point have what is basically a genetically engineered daughter that was used for things like bone marrow transplants and ultimately was intended to be used for a kidney transplant. The movie is basically about the physical, mental and moral issues that this family is going through. I know I have experienced a lot of the feelings they expressed the girl had throughout her ideal from sadness to guilt to joy. I don't want to ruin it for anyone intending to watch it so I will just say I thought it was a very well produced account of a cancer patients life. Sad, but very well done.
So basically, there is not really a point to this post, I just wanted to point out a good cancer related movie that I saw. For those that have seen it, I would love to know what you think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment