Tuesday, May 4, 2010

New Hope

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2011734807_provenge30m.html

FINALLY! A cure for cancer. Not exactly what I need but a huge step in the right direction.

I haven't really researched the specifics of this drug or how it exactly works but the article claims it has been used for treating advanced tumors, which is basically what my cancer is. I know this is only for those afflicted with prostate cancer but just the fact that it is used in treating tumors gives me new hope that there are other drugs out there that may be in the FDA approval process or are going to be developed in the near future.

Now I know it is never good to get your hopes up too much but to me every cancer afflicted person should be ecstatic by the FDA's approval of this first ever vaccine for cancer. I can't even describe how amazing it would be to have a vaccine that would treat my tumors. No more chemo, no more radiation, etc.

Here's to hoping that the vaccine for whatever the heck I have is close to being developed.

1 comment:

  1. They are on the road of discovery now, may it be a quick trip to finding what you need!!

    ReplyDelete